Sunday, March 18, 2007

Taylor Hicks Interview

Taylor Hicks has fans all over the world. The fan base known as The Soul Patrol is a huge fan base that continues to grow each day, as more and more people that hear Taylor Hicks know that his soulful voice is addicting. His love of music and his enjoyment of pleasing his fans is a joy to experience in todays world of the same music everyday. Taylor Hicks is bringing back soulful/bluesy music that tells a story in each song. His New CD titled Taylor Hicks is filled with 12 truly great soul inspiring songs. There is something on this CD for every musical taste. Taylor Hicks worked his butt off for 10 years trying to get someone to take him seriously. Thanks to American Idol, Taylor Hicks was seen by America, and he was instantly loved by thousands. Each week he gave it his all and the fan base grew, eventually becoming known as The Soul Patrol. American viewers knew Taylor Hicks was the one to bring real music back and he was voted #1 and given the shot to prove what his fans already knew, Taylor Hicks was the best choice.

I was given the opportunity to interview this extremely talented man via phone. I hope you enjoy reading the interview as much as I enjoyed talking with Taylor Hicks.

First J Records called and connected me to Taylor on speaker phone. Taylor and I greeted each other.

How is the promotional tour for you album going?

Taylor - It's going great, I'm having a ball, I'm loving my job, I love my job!!

I told Taylor I really enjoy his music and just that day, Dec 5th had heard the whole album at VH1 and I thought he defiantly had a winner album.

Taylor- Good I'm really happy about that I think it's you know a good soulful start to my major debut.

I then told Taylor I think the album is exactly what he said it would be.

Taylor - Well thats really too good to hear, I'm really glad to hear that.

You're used to writing your own songs and having full creative control,

Taylor - Yep!

However, of some of the songs on this album that were offered to you - which ones are you most excited about?

Taylor - I'm excited about The Right Place the one Bryan Adams gave to me. I just really think that's a great representation of me and you know, where my artistry is going, and I just think it's just that good old soulful tune, you know.

To read the rest of the interview click Here



No comments: