Sunday, March 18, 2007

Chubby Checker

I was very much honored to be granted the privilege of having a very nice chat with The King of The Twist. The man who started a dance craze that changed the way we would dance forever. There is no way you can talk to Chubby Checker and not come away feeling like you have talked to a long time friend that has a lot of insight into the music business as well as life in general. Chubby and I chatted for a few before the interview began about how each of us was doing and such.

Chubby started the interview by asking me a question.

Chubby - Have you heard my new CD "Knock down the Walls?"

I told him no I did not know he had a new CD.

Chubby - (laughing) "Oh you think I just died huh?"

Of course I informed Chubby that I had seen him in concert this past summer, however I did not know he was still recording CDS, until I saw on the Internet that he had a new CD titled "The Original Master of the Dance Hall Beat" by Chubby C & OD, featuring Inner Circle. It was on the Billboard Chart in 2004 attracting a new generation of Chubby Checker fans. He informed me however that, that CD was a couple years ago. It's high point in 2004 on the Billboard Maxi Single chart was #3, for the whole year it was #17 on the chart. That is a great accomplishment for someone who has been in the business as long as Chubby has. From the sample I heard online this is defiantly different music than I expected but I did enjoy what I heard and so does my 16 year old son. Chubby told me that this however is not the CD he was talking about. He has another CD called "Knock down the Walls." Chubby is sending me a copy of the CD and in a few days I will have a review up for all of you to read. It can be purchased on Itunes as well.

Approximately how many shows do you do during each year?

Chubby - Oh... 1 or 2 a month

Where do you mostly play - any certain areas or all over?

To find out what else Chubby had to say go here



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your cminterviews.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com