Thursday, October 18, 2007

Interview with Dan Hunter - Play Radio Play

Seventeen year-old Texan, Dan Hunter is the 'poptronica' genius behind PlayRadioPlay (PRP), his site has already hit over one million plays on MySpace and he has opened for Fall Out Boy in many more all in the space of a single year. The highly anticipated EP The Frequency became available in stores April 24, 2007. Dan has a devoted fan base that discovered his music at myspace. Soon word got around about Dan and many more were tuning in and listening to his music. Soon he was signed to a record label.

May 30th I got to speak with Dan Hunter on the phone for a short interview.

What got you interested in making music with your computer?

Dan - High school, in a music class at my high school. In that class I learned to use Fruity Loops and some other computer programs that make music. So that's how I got started. Then from there I staring writing songs.

What made you decide to put your music on myspace?

Dan - I don't know really. I just started to share my music and it kind of stuck.

What did you think or feel when you first realized that people were really enjoying your music?

Dan - I was excited. It was exciting that so many liked it.

To read the rest of the interview click here.

No comments: