Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Interview with Kevin Bacon

I spoke with Kevin Bacon about his early days in acting. I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I enjoyed speaking with Mr. Bacon.

Date of Interview: 4/16/2009

Kevin Bacon was born July 8, 1958 and he got his first acting part on the big screen in 1978 as Chip Diller in "National Lampoon's Animal House". Kevin has since starred in a number of well known movies such as "Diner", "Footloose", "White Water Summer", "Flat-liners", "Tremors", "Rails and Ties", and "Taking Chance" to name a few.

I launched right in with the "meat" of the interview and Kevin answered openly.

What got you interested in acting?

Kevin - Well I had taken an acting class and I fell in love with it. I was already playing music -- I was playing in a band with my brother who took off on a music career of his own-- and I thought maybe I will do something else and I took an acting class. You know I really wanted to be rich and famous that was a really big part of it. I got out of high school and I moved to New York and I started studying acting, I fell in love with it and all of the sudden I wanted to get more experience in acting. The fame and fortune part of it wasn't as important to me as the actual acting part, it was really inspiring.

Your first spot in a movie was as Chip Diller in Animal House in 1978, correct?

Kevin - Yes

Can you remember what your thoughts were when you got that part? Did you even consider that it would become a full time career with so many amazing movies in your resume?

Kevin - Well you know I never considered that I was going to be doing anything else, so yes I knew it was going to be a full time career. It was not something that I was just trying out. You know those secret dreams that you have that you never express to anyone. Those dreams of stardom or seeing your name in lights or whatever it happens to be. But really it is baby steps, on a day to day basis. The fame part is not what drives you.

To read the rest of the interview go here.

No comments: